Monday, April 1, 2013
Back in Action
I am back in the classroom this week from Spring Break... and boy are my studnets not feel'n anything. My 12th graders are just on off mode. I need to figure out ways to turn the switch back to ON and keep it there until June. Maybe they need more trips to the library computer lab to complete a project.
I feel that when I see my studnets and they are just lost in space it makes my job that much harder. I start cracking jokes, telling stories... I do anything to keep them on task these days. Sometimes I feel like I have to be more of an enterianer than a teacher... Anyone in that some position? Any thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, dear! Senioritis! I'm an elementary school teacher, but have raised 4 seniors. I believe that by the time the senior year rolls around, kids are excited about graduating, exploring their freedoms, and being social, which makes them way too busy for school. So, with that in mind, senoritis takes over and parents really need to "step up to the bat," and set expectations to their senior. The problem is, with society today, parents are way too busy working! But I won't say anymore because this can beome a soapbox for me. (we had the child(ren) and we are responsible to raise them.) Okay, I'll hush.
ReplyDeleteGood luck to you, and I'm glad that you entertain, crack jokes, and challenge, to keep seniors motivated.
Kathy
Thanks for the comments... you are so right about the parents. But the sad part about it is that the parents have no clue what their child is up too until it is too late. I have been in many parent teacher conferences where the parent started out being made at me until I explained how many chances and or opportunities I have to their student.
DeleteYou should here the things I overhear my students talking about what they do over the weekends... It's enough to make you think!
Oh no... now I'm on the soapbox... LOL
Have a great rest of the week!