Monday, March 11, 2013

3rd quarter slump!!!

I have seen the 3rd quarter slump hit my high school students again this year. They look overwhelmed and ready for Spring Break. I know I'm ready for Spring Break, a week to do with what I wish! Just two more weeks!@#$ I don't know what is going to motivate me this time!! If anyone has ideas I'm all ears or should I say all eyes! Enjoy, Mel

5 comments:

  1. Melanie,
    I see the same things happening with my Sophomores. This time of year can be extremely difficult. If there is any light at the end of the tunnel, at least it is two weeks away. I have to wait three weeks, and it will be a killer. I feel your plan/slump. Jeff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three weeks... OMG!!! It's so funny, as teachers we get this this point when I think we want spring break more than the studnets do!

      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Ok so let me try this again!! (I have been having trouble posting)! Up here in New Hampshire we get a February break and an April break! Both are well needed!! By the time February break rolls around students (and staff) have cabin fever from all the snow we get and are ready to escape somewhere warm!! Having 2 breaks make the second part of the year go by quickly!! Good luck the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so what do you guys do for the Holidays. Do you get time off for that as well?

      Delete
  3. Yes we get a few days for Thanksgiving and a week or so for Christmas. However we start before Labor Day and don't get out until the end of June---students have 180 days!

    ReplyDelete