Wednesday, April 3, 2013

What' going on in my classroom

Here is a web quest assignment for WWII I just had my students complete in the computer lab. I created this to be used as an HML but my school did not have the technology for it so I saved as a PDF and had my students download it on their workstations to make their PowerPoint’s. I also have a student work sample if you would like to take a look. Enjoy, Mel

4 comments:

  1. Don't you just love when you want to use all this cool technology but you can't due to lack of technology?! HA! I get so frustrated when I have the whole day (all my classes) set to use technology and either the internet is down, or the device isn't working properly!
    In any event, it looks like a great lesson! Webquests are fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right on with your comment. As teachers we are told to engage students with technology and when it works its great. B ut when it don't... well that is a whole nother story! What I have tried to do is always have a back up plan in mind or ready so when something goes wrong I can make changes on the fly...

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I love the assignment and thanks so much for sharing. Webquests are wonderful activities that I would like to incorporate into my class at a more frequent rate. You have provided a wonderful example for a WWII Unit. I may have to take a few of you ideas if you don't mind. Thanks again for sharing. It rocks. Jeff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also think web quest are great... It gives me a chance to see what the students know and how they choose to express themselves with the presentation. I always like giving my students options and choices and integrating a web quest is a great way to do that. I also use this WWII PowerPoint as a test grade because my students really have to know the subject to put the presentation together. Thanks for your comments... and take any and all of my lessons you want! We are a part of a teacher community! When you get a chance check out my wiki... I sent you an in invitation via email.

      Delete