Monday, April 8, 2013

xtranormal: check it out!

This week I am having my freshmen studies class finish their intervention scripts to create plays on xtranormal.com. If you have not used it yet you really should, your students will love writing stories, creating characters and watching their ideas come to life. You can really choose any topic, and you will be surprised at how many students will want to complete this assignment. I was shocked myself. Give it a look and let me know what you think and if you used it before tell me what you think of it. Enjoy, Mel http://www.xtranormal.com/

4 comments:

  1. Your students are going to think you are too cool! I love using this and have played around with it, but only for myself. This is a great way to peak interest and I think you'll find that they will write a little more than usual so they can have a longer video! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much for your comment. My students really got into the assignmnent when I told them that we were going to use the website. I was amazed on ho creative they were. I also like that their plays cost virtual money. So, it teaches them about budeting as well.

      Delete
  2. I too have used this for another master's class but have yet to use it with my students. I really want to though, as it is fun to create the characters, etc. This summer I plan on using my curriculum development hours to plan activities that use the technology such as this! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you should have great success with this site. I had my freshmen studies students use it and they were super motiviated to complete the assignment. I also loved how creative they were with it. I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete