Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Having fun with 2.0 tools.

I've never thought that I would have so much fun playing with tools! I like that fact that I am learning new things to use in my classroom. I have been playing with Google Docs this week and making lessons that teach students how important working collaboratively is while learning the subject matter. I have discovered that students embrace a chance to work with something new and are interested and motivated in completing lessons that use 2.0 tools.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie,

    I am finding that my students are also motivated to use 2.0 tools! This week, as they were coming into my classroom - they all wanted to know if they could blog. They were so excited! I told them that when we finish our lesson - we will blog about are results. Well, they were much more focused and motivated to get through the work and get to the fun stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's really cool... you’re going to have to tell me how that went. I think that is great that you have built such a great relationship with your students that they trust you enough to tell you what they want to do. How exciting. I am interested in what lesson you used and what their blog topics were. Keep me posted!

      Delete
  2. We use GOOGLE docs at my school. It has become a great tool for students and teachers. Before when students were typing in WORD, they were not able to access their documents from home. NOW that we use GOOGLE DOCS,students can start something at school and then continue to work on it at home! AND the best feature is that it saves automatically--students just need to remember to NAME their document, otherwise they will have a bunch of "untitled documents" in their GOOGLE DRIVE.
    I love the share feature as well. I had students working on a group research paper, so one student in the group shared it with everyone else in the group and they were able to work on the same document! It is a wonderful way for students to collaborate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cool, I have not used google Docs or Google Drive yet as with my classes. But I will have to create a lessson that incorporates these 2.0 tools. I will let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete